Joyful Drumming School was founded by Adel Amin in 1992, and focuses on a method that teaches Egyptian and Middle Eastern Drumming Rhythms in a safe and fun way. If you would like to learn Egyptian and Middle Eastern Drumming Rhythms on the Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Brisbane or anywhere around Australia, then these classes and / or workshops are for you. All classes and workshops focus on the correct Technique, Posture, Cultural and Artistic application and Heritage of the Rhythms on any hand drum.
Due to the flexible nature required of Adult Education, parts of the curriculum may be adapted to suit the needs of the class or workshop. Teaching is guided with verbal instruction, practical ‘hands-on’ practice and supported with take home notes detailing the annotated rhythms.
Course content includes:
* Learning correct posture and correct technique to accurately produce drum notes
* Learning basic rhythms played in Egypt and the Middle East
* Practice playing the rhythms, both individually and as a group.
By the end of the course the student will have:
* Learned how to apply the correct posture and technique to produce drum notes
* Learned the common basic rhythms played in Egypt and the Middle East.
* Learned to HAVE FUN playing their drum separately or with a group.
Students are required to bring their own Egyptian Tabla or Hand drum to classes or workshops. Adel is able to source good drums on request. Prior approval by the teacher must be obtained if you want to record the classes.